Sunday, May 28, 2017

Sunday afternoon musing.

Work has been work. I finished the first major project, although I still need to go back into the room to clean everything up. I'm finding papers and articles and theses. In some cases, I've been given only the topic, and been asked to find all papers I can relevant to the topic. It may take a few false starts, but I always find my stride. I'm learning new programs and databases. It's exciting most days.

Last weekend, I attended a spaghetti dinner, which helped to raise money for the library I go for the knitting/crochet group. I'm gearing up for the Special Libraries Association Annual conference which is in just a few weeks. HH Greg officially closed, which means C. is looking for a new job again.

We've finally settled into a routine. We're finally settling into this strange, new city. This past week, we met our now-former upstairs neighbors for dinner. We're officially joining a synagogue.

We're officially joining a synagogue. That feels very adult to me. I was a member of a synagogue my years growing up, but this is me - us - choosing to join, to make this journey together. It's the same synagogue we've been attending on and off for some months now. With a high inter-faith congregations, and a great community. There will definitely be a curve, of determining what we both want from the services and the community, but we're joining.

So yes, things are slowly starting to fall into place. Here's to C. finding a job soon, and a more promising summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment