Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Rage Filing

Yesterday afternoon was an afternoon my emotions felt caught between wanting to punch something repeatedly or burst into rage-tears. It was a small thing, really. But it usually is.

I spent a good chunk of time last week and yesterday, with plans to spend more time this week and all the weeks to come, in the secure filing room re-filing the various collections. Yesterday, one of the drawers on a cabinet broke. It won't close. And... Because these are secure cabinets, the other drawers will not open. I spent a good fifteen minutes trying to peek behind the drawer thinking maybe something was blocking it or maybe it had fallen off the rails; I couldn't see anything determining either.

I did not punch anything or rage-cry. I rage-filed. I slammed folders into drawers, and dropped them loudly onto the floor as I separated the sub-collections and I swore at the top drawers because they are just a hint too tall for me.

It worked to abate my anger at the situation, and worked to increase my productivity. So win at least all around.

Hopefully, we get the drawer fixed soon. That is a full filing cabinet, and I need every drawer I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment