Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Confidence.

Last night, I had my first driving lesson. It's a very interesting feeling being behind the wheel of a car. This is not my first time trying to get my license. There was once in Connecticut when I was 17, and a second time in Massachusetts when I was in my late 20s. The time I was in my late 20s? That was attempting to learn to drive a manual. Not an experience I am exactly looking forward to repeat immediately.

It's an interesting feeling because despite it being at least five years since I was behind the wheel of a car, I could definitely feel things coming back to me. And while I refused to go on the road for my first lesson, I spent 45 minutes or so driving around a cemetery, practicing driving, including down a hill, turning, stopping. I even got a to do a three-point turn, which though took me a moment to remember how to make the second point, I executed nearly perfectly.

I still have a number of lessons to go. I need to re-learn how to park and how to drive with other cars, but I'm feeling slightly more confident in doing this.

It's a confidence I've noticed recently. In how I am approaching work projects, in how I am approaching day-to-day. How in the last two months I've been testing databases, and presenting the findings to my boss with knowledge and evidence. Or how I am trying new things.

This is a confidence I am hoping will continue in the months to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment